Huck Adventures, Inc.
Who We Are?
The name of our company is Huck Adventures, Inc., and we’re a company formed in Delaware with offices in Boulder, Colorado, in the United States, that provides app-based services to outdoor recreationists for planning trips, organizing groups, booking locations, selecting equipment—all tailored to the user’s specific interests, characteristics, and abilities.
What Is This?
Just so we’re clear, whenever we say“we,” “us,” “our,” or “ourselves”, we’re talking about Huck Adventures, Inc. and whenever we say “you” or “your,” we’re talking about the person or business who has decided to use our services. And since we do a lot of different stuff, when we talk about our services, we mean any of our websites or apps; or any features, products, graphics, text, images, photos, audio, video, or similar things we use.
Why Are We Showing You This?
We value and respect your privacy. That is why we strive to only use your information when we think that doing so improves your experience in using our services. If you feel that we could improve in this mission in any way, or if you have a complaint or concern, please let us know by sending us your feedback to the following email address: Privacy@huckadventures.com.
Our goal is to be as transparent and open about our use of information and data as possible, so that our users can benefit from both the way they provide information and how we use it.
Information Collection and Use
In using the services, you may be asked to provide us a variety of information–some of which can personally identify you and some that cannot. We may collect, store, and share this personal information with third parties, but only in the ways we explain in this policy. Here’s how we do it and why we do it:
A. Personally Identifiable Information: How we collect it.
Personally identifiable information is data that can be used to contact or identify a single person. Examples include your name, email, location, gender, birthday, social media usernames and logins, Zodiac sign, information on children and pets, friends, various information concerning your travel history and preferences, job, education, graduation year, use of recreational substances, relationship status, political affiliation, various questions concerning likes and dislikes, GPS-related information, photographs you provide with the corresponding metadata, and your IP address. We collect this kind of information in the following ways:
- Information you give us: We collect your name, your email, and the various personal information you provide. We collect this information to learn more about you, to provide you our services through our system, to send you information (including push notifications), and to otherwise provide the services.
- Information we obtain from analytics tools we have: This includes device information, internet protocol address, cookies, and location information. We collect this information through Google Analytics, and this information helps us manage data on users and site activity.
- When you sign into our app or services through a third-party account (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Google), we will collect your username and log-in information for the purpose of processing your request to access our app or services and to verifying your identity.
B. Personally Identifiable Information: How we use it.
We use your information in the following ways:
- Provide you our app and its services
- Contact you via email or through the app
- Improve our website and app performance
- Tailor our services to your needs and the way you use our services
Specifically, we will use your contact information, including GPS-related information and preferences, for push notifications.
We will use your email address for our email listserve.
We like to show off the various activities and adventures our members are involved in. We may use your photographs, with corresponding GPS-related information concerning the photographs, for display, marketing, and advertising purposes, including on social media, through our app and on our website, and in printed materials.
We use our system to build your custom app persona and better match you with individuals who share your interests, activities you are likely to enjoy, and providers who may offer goods or services suited to your interests. Our system will search and record keywords in your profile information (including preferences), activity history, and communications through the services (including with other users).
C. Who We Share Your Information With and Why
We only share your information with third parties in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- We share your information with other users—this includes your profile information, which is available to all users in the app. This also includes your current GPS location to allow users to find you through the app, if your app is set to share your GPS location. We do not share your email or physical address, login information, or credit card information with other users.
- We will share your analytics information with Google Analytics and WP Engine to manage hosting of the website and to provide our services.
- We share your name and email address with an email process MailChimp to distribute our mailing list.
- Our payment processor will collect your name, address, and credit card or other payment information to process payments. We will share such information, as we have it, upon request with that processor to facilitate those payments.
- We will share all collected information to the extent we believe reasonably necessary or as required by law or to comply with any legal obligations, including defense of our company; to detect fraud, technical, or security issues; or to protect our rights or the rights or safety of the public, any person, or our personnel.
- We will share information with our wholly-owned subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In case of a merger,acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this policy, we may share your information with a party involved in such a process (for example, a trustee or potential purchaser).
D. Your Choices in What Information You Share
For users who visit our website but do not download the app, we only collect standard analytics taken from Google Analytics and related tools. We only collect your other personal information when you register for our app. We will request your consent to use your data at that time. We require your personal data as part of your contract with us so we can provide you those services. We will not use your data for more than the purpose for which it was collected.
E. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-personally identifiable information includes general details about your device and connection (including the type of computer/mobile device, operating system, web-browser or other software, language preference, and hardware); general information from the app store or referring website; the date and time of visit or use; and, internet content provider information.
Additionally, we are developing partnerships with many outdoor travel and equipment companies. We will share and sell generalizedinformation about our users, removing the member’s name and specific contact information.
We will also automatically collect and use various information concerning your use of our services (including things you have searched, viewed, or otherwise used), and your communications through the services (including those with providers, other users, and use). With use this information, along with preferences you provide directly, to match you with appropriate brands and corresponding warranties. We do not share your personally-identifiable information to third parties to provide these matches.
F. How Long We Keep Your Information
We will retain your personally identifiable information for as long as you use our services, or until you request in writing that we delete or otherwise remove your personally identifiable information.
Furthermore, when we process information, we retain a record, to the extent reasonably possible, of the following information: the processor, purpose of the processing, categories of individuals and data involved, nature of disclosure, if there is a transfer of information over national boundaries, the length of time the information will be held before erasure, and the security measures involved.
G. Where We Keep and Transfer Your Information
Our business is operated in the United States and third parties with whom we share your information are as well. Our servers are located here and this is where your data and information will be stored.
Please be aware if you are a citizen of another country, and if you live in Europe in particular, that your information will be transferred out of your home country and into the United States. The United States might not have the same level of data protection as your country provides.
Based outside of the EU, we do not focus our business in the EU. However, EU citizens may access our services. We collect information relating to political beliefs, health, and sexual orientation. We use this information to better match you with compatible individuals through our service. You are not required to provide this information to us, or disclose it to any user or other party, to use your app.
If you would like more information about this, please email us at Privacy@huckadventures.com.
H. EU Rights to Information
According to the laws of the European Union (except for limited exceptions, where applicable), anyone in those countries has the right to:
- Be informed about their data and its processing
- Have access to their data
- Correct any errors in their data
- Erase data from our records
- Restrict processing and use of data
- Data portability
- Object to the use of their data, including for the purpose of automated profiling and direct marketing
- Make decisions about automated decision making and profiling
Protecting Your Information
A. Keeping it Safe
Huck Adventures, Inc. makes reasonable and commercially feasible efforts to keep your information safe. We have reasonable and appropriate security measures in place to prevent your information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way. We restrict access to your personal information to those who need to know it, are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations, and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- Encrypt many of our services using SSL,
- Provide additional security through our hosting services, and
- Regularly review our processes to consider if there are any additional improvements we can make to our systems.
That said, no organization or business can guarantee 100% data protection. With that in mind, we also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will inform both you and any applicable authorities of a suspected data security breach, as and when required by law.
You authorize us to communicate with you electronically regarding all aspects of our services, including security, privacy, and administrative issues.
Please keep in mind your part in protecting your security and personal information.Do not share your password or login information with other users. When you disseminate information through our services to other users or another third party, or disseminate information through a third party service (such as a social-media post), we cannot prevent the dissemination or further publication of that information. You should not expect such communications are or will remain secure.
B. Links to Other Websites
Our site has links to the sites, content, and services of other businesses, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, and other third parties. Any products or services found through a link to any of these other sites are subject to separate privacy policies. We are not liable for any content provided or actions taken by such third parties.
C. Posting Content to Our Site or Social Media
Any content you post on this site or others, including through social media links, is likely to become publicly available and may not be fully revocable or erasable by Huck Adventures, Inc., because it will have become available to third parties. You can always ask us to delete information in our possession, but we cannot force anyone else to erase your information. Please be aware that you publish such information at your own risk.
D. Do Not Track Signals
Some technologies, such as web browsers or mobile devices, provide a setting that when turned on sends a Do Not Track (DNT) signal when browsing a website or app. There is currently no common standard for responding to DNT signals or even in the DNT signal itself. We currently recognize some DNT signals (for example, through Google Analytics), but we may not be able to process all DNT signals.
E. Use by Minors
This website, its content, and our services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information from those under the age of 18. If we learn we have accidentally collected such information, we will delete it.
If you are a parent and your minor child has provided us personal information, you have the right to contact us and require that we: (a) permit you to review the personal information provided, and (b) remove and delete the personal information provided. To do so, upon you contacting us, we must take reasonable steps to confirm you are the parent. You may contact us for such a request at any time atPrivacy@huckadventures.com.
G. Compliance with Regulators
You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority of your home country, where available, relating to the processing of any personal data you feel may have violated local regulations.
General Information for Your Further Understanding
A. No Unsolicited Personal Information Requests
We will never ask you for your personal information in an unsolicited letter, call, or email. If you contact us, we will only use your personal information if necessary to fulfill your request.
Huck Adventures, Inc. respects the rights of all of its users, regardless of location or citizenship. If you have any questions or concerns about any of these rights, or if you would like to assert any of these rights at any time, please contact Privacy@huckadventures.com.
D. Questions about Policy